Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pictures and Characters

Well I'm going to take a day to post some images of what I talk about a lot on the blog. Pretty standard stuff.


This is my Rogue! As you can see green and brown is going pretty nicely for him. I'm not very geared by any means, but I we have a Feral Druid now to replace our Prot Warrior due to loldrama. So now for the first time since Kara I'm having to roll against somebody else for gear. Oh the sheer horror.


I've been talking about Rift a lot lately. Well here it is. This is what my Pyro/Ele/Arch looks like. Notice I'm basically a fire Mage but I get to have an elemental, hurray! Actually in PvP the pet is a hassle. It enjoys taking long strolls 100 meters away from me and dying quickly just so I can take the time to summon its lazy ass again. I said that in duels I was doing pretty crappy with my Pyro, but when I tried their version of battlegrounds it seemed I held my own pretty nicely. I had a lot of fun in the short amount of time I PvP'd.


This is what talent trees look like. The nice thing about Rift's trees is that not only does it have "branches" it also has "roots." Every so often, after allocating a certain amount of points into your branches, you gain an ability or bonus from the roots. For example once I put 51 points into the branches of Pyromancer, I will unlock the ability Fulminate in the roots. I find this be a pretty great way to give a variety of abilities. Hell even if some of the builds are sub-par or even just plain horrible at least you can always try something new just to have a little bit of fun.




24 comments:

  1. New follower here. What is that first game? The Rift game looks interesting as well, are these free online mmorpgs or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first is WoW.

    Also no, they are both subscriptions. Rift is currently in Beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha, so would I be able to DL rift online or do I have to purchase the game and then pay for the subscription as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone not know what WoW is at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You purchase the game and then pay a subscription fee. I assume the first month would be free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has me fiending to get back into MMO's again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitari, I know of WoW.. I just don't know what it looks like... Never played it, never really seen it either aside from that South Park episode.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have played WoW since vanilla, love it still. Hard to compare but I still love a good FPS or a RPG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, wow. I've been sober for about two years now. Can't turn back ><

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been playing Rift and god damn, it seems to be a breathe of fresh air. I made a template on my raid healer when I hit 50.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my Wow was hacked so I'm a bit bummed out...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for writing this wonderful post...followed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool post - really got to get into Rift I've so many good things about it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rift looks very influenced by WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have missed it in your post but what server do you play on? I play on Laughing Skull and I'm always looking for a new server to start an alt on

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this game looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dammit rift is everywhere, its like the heavens telling me to play.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to play WoW a lot, but recently I've found it have gotten too stale. Hopefully The Old Republic doesn't copy WoW too much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. :( I cam't afford any monthly subscriptions. Looks fun though.

    ReplyDelete